In 2014 in Pennsylvania, 121,317 vehicular crashes were reported. This includes those involving cars, motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians. Nearly 2,000 people were killed and approximately 80,000 were injured, some of them so severely that their lives will never again be the same.
Common Reasons Car/Auto Accidents Occur
Some of the most common causes of automobile accidents include:
- Speeding or traveling at an unsafe speed for the road conditions even if following the posted speed limit.
- Distracted driving, such as texting, grooming, adjusting the radio or concentrating on the GPS.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI).
- Defective auto functioning, like brakes failing or a tire blowing out.
- Roadway defects due to improperly maintained highways.
If you were injured in an auto accident or a loved one was killed, you need to consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Car/Auto Accident Attorney James R. Radmore Can Help
The stress that comes from suddenly being injured in an auto accident is often overwhelming. At the same time you have to take time off work to recover from your injuries, you are building up medical bills. Insurers have a reputation for making a settlement offer that is far less than what you may be entitled to. They know how much you need the money and expect you will take whatever they offer.
Remember, the insurance adjuster’s job is to save the insurance company as much money as possible. Not to provide for your future. Some of the damages to which you may be legally entitled that insurers often overlook in their first offer include:
- Current medical expenses and those you are expected to incur if your injury causes you problems in the future with a need for ongoing medical care.
- Current lost wages and those you are projected to lose in the future due to your injury.
- Physical and vocational rehabilitation when needed.
- Long term nursing care if required due to the seriousness and extent of your injury.
There is a time limit for filing a personal injury law suit and if you do not file within a certain time after the accident occurred, you will lose your right to pursue your damages claim. At the Law Offices of Attorney James. R. Radmore in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, we offer a free consultation.
We will evaluate the facts of your case, review police and investigative reports and help you decide how to proceed. Call us today at (215) 568-9900.